Skip to main content

Craft market - Lambert Road Baptist

Yesterday I was at a craft market at Lambert Road Baptist Church. The day started out so hot! It also ended hot. It was the first hot day we had in a few days. Lucky for us we were in a hall, so no sunburn!
Nicholas had made me such wonderful peg boards to display some of my items and to give us more space on the table.

The market started out very quietly, but a few people started coming in. I sold quite a few things. The crayon rolls, tissue holders, taglets and note books always being the most popular.


The other things that I love are the Christmas tins. The Santa and the Snowman. I also have reindeer but they've already been sold. I sold a Santa and I was so happy. I use the tins to either put cutlery or treats in. They are also nice as a hamper, which we did last Christmas. We put in mince pies, shortbread, choclates and other little things.

I also have made Roll-up Kitchen playmats. People seem to love them but never buy them, I guess they need some tweaking.


There were so many other things and I bought more things from other people, than I actually sold.
I got such a lovely bench for my kids and two wooden wagons for Christmas. Plus little wooden cars. That is one guy I'm going to be phoning for more items. He had a lovely little petrol station as well.
There was fudge, jewellery, chicken live pate (yum!), clothes for kids (bought some, of course), cards, decorations, Christmas cakes and playdough (didn't get any, damn!)
Thanks again to Tracey for inviting me to come display at the market.

Hoping to go to another market soon, which is in Ballito. More to come on that.
Other new things I am wanting to make is using my paper crimper. I did a few things on Friday and pictures are coming soon.

Comments

  1. It was a pleasure, so great to see you again!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I heard about another market tonight that's going to be starting soon I think at the German Club which is apparently in Sherwood. It will be on Sundays and tables are R50 but I need to find out more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where that is, thanks. Let me know when you can

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Fabric!

I went to buy some fabric for an order and came back with much more than I actually needed. So many exciting fabrics. It was so reasonably priced and I just couldn't say no. I've already made so many taglets, and sold some too. I think I might make some crayon rolls as well. I also bought some spongebob and hello kitty, but that's for my little ones.

Nappy cakes - Great gift for a new mom!

Nappy cakes are fantastic gifts for a new mom. The nappies are formed in such a way that they resemble a cake. They can be as simple as nappies with a beautiful bow or as extravagant as nappies, blankets, baby shoes, Taglets and much more. So, if you need a gift for a new mom, this is an unique idea. Each nappy cake is personalised according to your budget and theme. Look at the pictures below for a few ideas. Girl & Winnie the Pooh nappy cake  The specification for this nappy cake was pink, silver & white and Winnie the pooh. The lady provided the nappies for the cake, which were pampers newborn. The price for this type of cake is R260.  The shoes were just so cute!  The back of the cake.  Top view  This was the bottom layer.  A view of the middle layer.  A view of the top layer. Cute little shoes!!! Ladybug cake  This was done for a very special friend. Her theme was bugs and so when I found these incredibly cute shoes, the theme was born. Thi

Dummy clips

This stylish clip has a brace clip on one side (which is clipped to baby’s clothes) and on the other side is a loop with Velcro (which is fitted onto a dummy handle).  It is great for keeping baby's dummy clean and near to them. When using the dummy clip, it is never far from reach and allows baby to self sooth. The clip has many uses, it can be used for keeping toys or a sippy cup attached to the pram.  This makes a great gift , whether the baby is near or far. It is very light and easy to post. This is one of the dummy clips, in bright pink. This is a really popular colour for girls. All packed and ready! The dummy clips are priced at R25 each, postage and packing not included.